Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Grey Corduroy Suspenders!

I suppose that suspenders don't really keep you warm or cool, but I can't help but feel like I should have made these six months ago:
That's right - I finally finished those corduroy suspenders!  Of course,
now that it's so hot out, I don't know when I'll be wearing casual suspenders again.  (You see, I don't wear suspenders with shorts unless it's in some sort of costume or something.  Except, of course, when I go running.)


Anyway, sure enough, such a big hiatus from suspenders-making did leave its toll, and these I've deemed unfit for selling.  I mean, look at these horrible stitches on the side nobody sees anyway:






See over there, on the bottom.  I had to redo that section since that's where I somehow got the thread all tangled together the first time.  It's okay, though, because nobody'll see it but me.  If it weren't for that though, I might be tempted to try to sell these.






In any case, the visible side of the yoke does look pretty good.  I like that dark line going across the middle of it.  There's a bigger one of those lines on the rear sleeve, and I like it a lot, but I'll leave that to your imagination.


I was wondering how the thick, textured corduroy would put up with being squished and folded around the adjusters.  It does make a kind of funny bulge, but these are still the best corduroy suspenders that I've ever seen.










Anyway, it was a hot day here today.  Perfect corduroy-wearing weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment