Saturday, July 16, 2011

Back in Business

I see that my last suspenders-related post happened over a year ago (and the only other post since then promised more frequent posts and it was one day short of exactly a year since the suspenders post), but part of that is simply that summer happened, and I moved, and it took me a long time to get everything set up so that I could efficiently make suspenders once again. But, as of the last few last weeks, I finally do have everything set up again, so, after making a few remind-me-how-this-is-done suspenders, Suspenders of Disbelief is now back in business. This picture here is what my shop looks like now.

As you can see, I still need to decorate the walls, but all the main suspenders-making stations are in place. At the bottom is a little table where I put rolls of leather that I cut into those leathery bits.
The table on the left is where I dye the leather. And the table on the right is where I cut fabric and sew everything together. There are a few other important things in this room, but I'll tell you more about those in more detail in another post. Oh, and that thing draped over my rolley chair - that's my I heart REED MAKING apron from my days when I couldn't make reeds without making a mess. Wait, maybe those days are still upon us. Well, I don't use oil to sharpen my knives anymore, so it's not so bad. But I do use dye to dye my leather, so I figure it's good to have an apron to help prevent dying my already awesome shirts.

Anyway, I always think that I'm going to post more than I do, but this time I think it may actually happen, since I actually have ideas of things to post about this time. And this will be more than simply posts about my most recently made suspenders; there will be posts about suspenders-making; there may even be posts about music; or even other stuff.

Well, that's it for now. Go - go suspend that disbelief now somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment